DeKalb Optometric has been serving the surrounding community since 1949. Our eye doctors see patients from all over Northern Illinois including DeKalb, Sycamore, Cortland, Maple Park, Malta, Rochelle, Creston, Dixon, Byron, Mt. Moris, Stillman Valley, Amboy, Davis Junction, Genoa, Kingston, Esmond, Clare, Kirkland, Kaneland, Steward, Shabbona, Lee, Waterman, Hinkley, Paw Paw, Compton, Earlville, Leland, Somonauk, Sandwich, Virgil, Lily Lake, Sugar Grove, Burlington, Hampshire, Cherry Valley, Rockford, and Belvidere.
We were founded by Dr. Donald A. Frantz, OD after returning home from WWII where he served his country by providing eye care for army air corps pilots. In 1954 Dr. Paul D. Randolph, OD joined the practice and provided vision therapy for our patients for many years. In 1959 Dr. Joe B. Ebbesen, OD and Dr. Judd R. Storey, OD merged their practice with Dr. Frantz and Dr. Randolph to form the largest eye care practice in DeKalb County. In 1967 we added our second floor to expand the growing practice and provide better service for our patients. It was during this same year that Dr. Robert E. Skabo, OD joined our practice for the retiring Dr. Frantz. Later in 1980 and 1984 Drs. Jay R. Ebbesen, OD and Stephen J. Storey, OD continued their father’s tradition of outstanding eye care by joining the practice for the retiring fathers. In 2007 we welcomed our latest doctor to the practice. Dr. Victor F. Verbic, OD, a lifelong resident of DeKalb, joined our practice and looks forward to continuing the same longstanding commitment of service to the community.
We are proud to be part of our community. Many of our patients have been with us for more than 4 decades and appreciate the way we care for them and their family. In fact, we see many children and grandchildren of patients who originally came to us as children themselves!